Thursday 18 December 2014

You Won't Believe How Great this Advice Is



I wasn't expecting much when I clicked on a link to this - I was curious, nothing else, but as soon as he started answering the first question I knew it was something to share.

The whole thing is pretty great, but the first one really offers up a wonderful analysis and critique of social constructs within society.

*Cough, cough* "Does our society educate boys to be  misogynistic? It probably doesn't value girls and women as it should. And... boys probably see that as a signal that they can get away with things like devaluing women." - Stephen Colbert

So to any young person, young women especially, as the video is directed to young women, I would highly recommend you watch this. And guys, I think it's something worth watching for you too, if for nothing else than to better understand women.

If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, then please, please just watch the first couple of minutes, I PROMISE it it worth it. 

So here is Stephen Colbert offering up some really insightful, heartfelt advice.




Please share this with like everyone you know, it is seriously just SO good. And as a young woman it really brightens my perspective of the world to see that men have view like this and are unafraid to share them. I only hope more guys, share, or at least understand views like this. 

I know I haven't posted in a while - sorry I've just got a lot of stuff to do, but since the holidays are practically here I promise I'll have a new one up in a few days. 

Until next time readers! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment